<;p style="text-align: left;">;<;a href="http://mintatl.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/leapyear-012.jpg">;<;img class="aligncenter size-medium wp-image-516" title="leapyear-01" src="http://mintatl.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/leapyear-012-300x141.jpg" alt="" width="300" height="141" />;<;/a>;<;/p>;
<;p style="text-align: left;">;MINT, in conjunction with WonderRoot and Binders Art Supplies and Frames, is thrilled to announce the launch of “Art Boot Camp” a community service project through MINT’s Leap Year Program.<;/p>;
Art Boot Camp (ABC) is a program designed by the 2011/2012 Leap Year artists and is targeted towards individuals of all creative skill levels and backgrounds. Participants will take part in a series of workshops and classes designed to assist them in becoming more creative in their day to day lives.
<;strong>;The Creative Process – led by Chelsea Raflo (July 8th)<;/strong>;
• How to determine what your creative values are, and why this is important.
• Learning how and why to define what is art.
• Strategies for taking a creative approach to any kind of problem solving.
<;strong>;How Long Does it Take to Look at a Painting? – led by Jane Garver (July 15th)<;/strong>;
• Discussing “looking at” and “seeing” artwork
• Incorporating nontraditional and free-association exercises.
• Allowing participants a space free of self judgement.
<;strong>;Space and Place – Led by John Paul Floyd (July 22nd)<;/strong>;
• Field trip to Boat Rock Nature Preserve.
• Assisting participants in learning to see spaces and places as personally powerful.
<;strong>;Public Art and Collaboration (July 29th)<;/strong>;
• As a group, learning about and creating public art.
• Developing process as a part of art making.
To sign up email visit <;a href="https://wonderroot.wufoo.com/forms/art-boot-camp-registration-form/" target="_blank">;https://wonderroot.wufoo.com/<;wbr>;forms/art-boot-camp-<;wbr>;registration-form/<;/wbr>;<;/wbr>;<;/a>; by July 3rd.
All classes are free and open to the public but space is limited. All materials and supplies will be provided.